The DiD Factory

Monday, December 04, 2006

Paul

Indeed I meant to post that here, and when I went looking for it....
It was gone!!

Ok I just read all the stuff below.....
I mostly agree with Rob, just to sum it up briefly.

I think 36 points is too much for anything to cost.

I do think point buy is the best for stats....but people really do like rolling.
I think they like rolling because the want the chance at a guy who is better, or in rare cases I think they actually will try to let the dice help them craft a character. I do that. I come up with a character idea, then I roll the dice and see if I can play the guy I was thinking of with those stats. If I can't then I can save the character idea, or see if I canchange it so that it works with what I've rolled.

Here are some questions....

Why not have the attribute be the start of the % based skill? That way starting characters all have a lot of shitty skills. You could set some skills aside as trained only, meaning you can't roll Demonology, but you can roll jump.

I need to print out your system to see where it stands. I would be very worried about what Rob said with Agility. I almost agree with him about combat, but hey I've killed my party a bit too much lately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home