The DiD Factory

Monday, February 12, 2007

Kewl.

All good points. Thanks.

In general, I am going to make those changes.

I had literacy IQ based at first, but you snuffed it, Rob. Nice to see we all now agree with me (ha). I think I'll go with an intellect-based initial number, and then make literacy and additional languages 4 and 3 ability points, respectively.

15 starting prof points sounds good to me. Having starting languages/literacy frees up more skill points for the smart guys too.

We'll see about art. Thanks though.

Yeah, I am tweaking the magic item creation as we discussed: Enchantment-point system based on time, resources, etc. I am also making a new spell for both Hermetic and Hedge called "inscribe" that will allow for scroll creation. -It will be 4th circle for Hedge, and 5th for Hermetic.

As for equipment outside of the D&D paradigm, that sounds like a good GM section option. I like this stuff, like the optional races. Shotguns aren't great for every campaign, but adding optional rules for stuff like that is additive. Basically, I want to make a standard version of what I know works, but that doesn't exclude those other possibilities like optional races, equipment, or even (maybe) psionics. It makes for fun reading too.

As for non-magical equipment creation, it will be in the GM's section. Basically, there will be a full GM treatment for every ability and proficiency to help the GM better interpret those things in gameplay. Armor-making, blacksmithing, and weapon-making will be described in detail there. -This thing is going to be huge.

Not sure about the auto contacts... However, I am going to make a basic starting cash rule linked to Cha as you suggested. -With the noted exception that the GM might choose otherwise. -Doh.

Finally, I'll take another look at those touch spells. You are suggesting multiple touches for harmful spells, right? -It might be a good option for some, especially for some of the weaker ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home