The DiD Factory

Monday, February 04, 2008

Yes I do still read this.

all in all it seems like you are doing this very well.

One thing I thought about was the clone fighting you mentioned. This isn't really a criticism of your system as much as it is of all the level based games I have seen, I don't like a 70 to 30 advantage for a guy 2 levels higher. I know it depends on the original levels, but I wish a 3rd level guy had a better chance when fighting a 5th. I'm not sure of the actual ramifications of a system that worked that way, and I'm not suggesting you pursue it. It seems a lot of 1st level characters know they have no chance unless they are fighting lepers and rats. I have never liked the idea of a character knowing what level they are, but when the system makes it so obvious, then there should be in game consequences, like a character knowing that you don't "stand up to the sheriff". Of course there are often reasonable signifiers for level like platemail and fireball, but those make sense in an ingame way as much as out. Just a thought on gaming. I haven't found a good solution to this. I would like a balance more along the lines of 60/40 for a bar fight between 2 guys fairly equipped who are 5th and 7th level mundanes otherwise outcomes are too apparent, which is good for the dice commander..anywho, nice wyvern.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home