The DiD Factory

Friday, March 07, 2008

Rob

Final or almost-final artwork from four of my five artists is on the didfactory gmail account.

It's almost all great. Especially check out the 'title page', the first key of Typhon. I splurged a bit, but fuck it, I'm going to have a painting of a friendly Arcanodaemon in my house.

Criticism quite welcome- in particular, if there are pieces you don't think work, let me know. Please let me know. I don't want to bias opinion by giving my own just yet, except for that damn painting which I love.

At first I wanted the Arcanos' robes red, but then I liked how it was a blend between Muriel's and Ixondr's colors, and fit the 'frame' of the window too. I'm commissioning a 'real' Arcanos for the monster listing, and I love how the version here is more like a friendly fairy-tale version of a hideous demon. The guy has sleeves. The eyes are spot on for all three characters, which are basically the three main players of all Narbohring. While Mark and I agree that the cover of the book should have a dramatic scene on it, I love this as the cover for Narbohring.

...

About to start up round 2 of art buying. Narbohring guidebook still in progress. Things for Mark to chew on:

Relics- holy, unholy, telluric, vatic relics? Do these need to be renamed?

You’ve still kept skills and their target numbers apart. This is silly, dude. You don’t have spells split into two sections, what the player does with them and how the GM rules about them.

Fortitude and Willpower are right outta 3rd edition. What about changing their names to Physical and Mental resistance checks? You could even do something like Physical is AGIL + ENDUR + STR, while Mental is CHA + INT + ENDUR.

Golems need to be in the monster listing.

Why have weapon prices listed twice? Redundant.

We need rulings on light sources- what’s the illumination radius of a candle, torch, and lantern?

We also need rulings on travel times. How far can you go on ship each day? On a horse? With a caravan?

...

Paul, thanks for all that. That's some great editing. I really appreciate you catching the small stuff, like the misspellings that don't seem to come up in my damn file. Even more valuable are the suggestions and criticisms.

You're right about the Slavers- I slashed the Slavers paying money for people thing. Too hard to systemically explain, not to mention a load of nonsense. Now they essentially offer bounties.

Glad you like the Astromancer- it's so out there, partially inspired by something Dave had, but I wanted to put some crazy shit in to balance out how boring most of the towns are.

Most of your item ideas are in there now, in one form or another. Same for Portal Boxes, MK.

...

Steve's been saying that Narbohring should open with a short story to introduce major concepts. Thoughts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home