The DiD Factory

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Yeah but, hold person?!

Yeah, I should have played a mage actually. Still, it was nice to do a bit of play testing.

I now realize I am going to need to spend a lot of time on organization of the actual rules themselves.

I did make a few small tweaks in response to the play test. 15 End gives +1 instead of 16, 20 beginning prof points, chain mail is now -4 dodge instead of -5, etc.

I would like to add two more mundane combat abilities if possible. Just to increase the variation of tactics. -If you have any ideas, let me know.

As for Harkumen, yeah they are freaky. But, I don't envision an expansion set. -We'll see.

I changed the magic item creation. I'm really happy with it. I'll upload 4.1 in the next day or so.

Yeah, it felt like D&D. No offense there. I was happy with how smooth it was, considering it was a first run and we had limited time.

One thing, I noticed you still fell back on IQ checks for perceptiveness or awareness. However, that might mean a guy with a 10 IQ and no perception skill could trump a guy with a 5 IQ and a 9 in perception. The way I've created it, I intend the GM to ask things like "Does anyone make a perception at -3?" -Meaning a perception check with a -3 modifier. -In this way, characters without perception (base 1), could still make it if they roll 1-4. The guy with a 9 perception needs a 1-12. If the check is really difficult, say perception at +2, only the guy with a 9 has any chance to notice.

I need to write a clear treatment of this. Maybe scripting an example adventure is a good idea too.

I think I also need to clarify that 'to-hit' rolls are the only d20 rolls where high is good. All other rolls, proficiencies, willpower, fortitude, etc, low is better. I almost considered changing 'to-hit' rolls too for total consistency, but it feels odd. -I do like the attribute caps on skills, and the way End, Str and Int translate to Fortitude and Willpower, and Agility to Dodge.

It is a bit odd where positive modifiers are good for hit and damage, but in all other instances negative modifiers are better. I been thinking about the language here somewhat.

Anyway, the adventure was a blast. Pretty good for a receipt-based module. Thanks for running it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home