The DiD Factory

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Count ritual

I think I know where you are coming from. And I agree, that stuff looks cool. However, it's hard to put it into useful mechanics, or something fun for PCs to play.

I do think these spell points are working. I say this for 2 reasons. First, they are subdivided into 4 types. That makes things a bit more complicated. If a ritualist thinks he is going to be doing a lot of divining, he needs to go heavy on the 'dreams' points for that day (these names are not final). -They aren't as convertible as old fashion spell points.

Second, 1st circle spells cost 2, up to 5th circle which cost 6. There isn't a big differential. -It's not like it's 'wish' or 9 'magic missiles'. More like one 5th circle, or three 1st circle.

Say the 4 types are Blood, Dreams, Spirit and Thorns. A 1st circle beguile spell might cost: DS. A 4th circle drain spell might cost: BBSTT.

Each spell has a formula.

-I could make a sacrifice spell or ability that does replenish spell points as well. That's not bad.

On that note, I could also make ritualists able to pool their spell points and cast together. -Maybe I can make some spells specific for multiple casters. -There are your monks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home