The DiD Factory

Thursday, April 03, 2008

really you want some input?

Ok, so here it is. Now I really have to reach here because the map is cool, but I have a few things. If Mark reads this he can use the title Heuristitist for any credits for me. Please us my family name Den_H.... first name Paul, etc. I don't know if it's a real word, but I like it so suck on it.

So I said here it is, and well, without further ado. You don't have river names, and there should be a city, or fort, I prefer a fort, where the 2 rivers from the Zhelve and the Valstach meet. You also should have a city or fort, or whatever above Umrecht Keep on the first fork of the river there, what is it's name? Preferably the City on the river from the Valstach and the one from the Zhelve should not be on the coast but instead inland where the 2 rivers meet before moving out to sea. There also should be a road from Timorans Well or whatever it's called over the the new city I propose near the e in Zhelve. Why? Well If there were colonies built and guilds affecting trade they would want something in these spots. Rivers are as you know really important, and if you just look at the map you see how these changes would affect trade. Hell I think a character who wanted to found cities or forts at these locations would have a lot of friends, and enemies perhaps.

2nd, there aren't many cities or villages near forests, wood is a commodity. There never is a foresters guild, don't get me wrong, the map is great, it's just that I thought I'd share. I guess I'm just saying, when you design a map a part of it that is often left out is how are goods moved around. I can't say I have an awesome map myself, but I also haven't offered it up for critique.

So, again the map is indeed good, I just think that regions are isolated, and that there are guilds, and groups in the world you have described that would have addressed some of these things, which the map should reflect.

Maybe I'm wrong, let me know.

Or just publish it, cause it's a nice map. cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home