The DiD Factory

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Uh oh, here we go... -Mark

Rob, I was thinking save-(priest's circle), too. I dig it.

As for spell acquisition, it's books for hedge and hermetic, prayer for priests, and meditation/communion for ritualists. -Maybe ritualists should have these prayer books or nefarious tomes. We'll do them after priests.

Ideally, I think having God based spells would be best. However, as great as the pantheon we could provide would be, it just might not fit the GM's game. I also dislike the 'systems' out there that seem really more like 'worlds'.

Maybe we should make a better way for GMs to select which spells might fit the deity they create. Maybe domains should be more specific, or maybe there should be a different classification altogether. -It might be best if we rethink this.

Right now, I am thinking of a branching system, or a sort of ven diagram, based on ethos.

As for your new 'elements' Rob, I don't see why we can't work this into ritual. I think ritual should be f'ed up stuff.
---

Paul, trying to hit isn't as bad as it seems. Rob and I made some fighters, and we basically bought up our agility and weapon mastery. -That alone can give you up to +6 to hit, which means you hit a dodge 20 30% of the time. Also, there are multiple attacks each round, and the possibility for magic weapons, spells, and special attacks like pause and study, calculated strike, etc. Besides that, it's all relative. You'll notice the monster dodge scores aren't off the charts. In fact, our guys made surprisingly short work of a minotaur going solo at something like 8th. Still, it's something to be mindful of, and not too hard to fix. Thanks.

Anyway, if there are multiple voices, I am going to have to keep us on topic forcibly. I just don't have time to discuss multiple points at once. -I'd rather be writing the thing.

Right now, it's all about priest magic.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home