The DiD Factory

Monday, February 11, 2008

Mark.

Rob,

I'm awake. To expand upon the edits I sent you last night, I think the background is fantastic. As mentioned it could use a few more smatterings of GM advice to break it up here and there. I think the incorporation of the system creatures and mechanics so far is very good. -Now we can take it the other way, and tweak the system a bit.

I think you mentioned having Narbohring-specific creatures/items in the setting, but I think it would be good to add at least the most universal of these to the main text. Thus, the Book of Bad Dreams might be best to stay in the setting alone, but something like the Cloak of Blades or Hammer of Storms could fit in the system. A little bleed over would be good.

I’ve changed shamans to druids and theurgists to alchemists. I like it.

After reading through the setting, I think the name ‘Wayfarers’ is actually pretty apt. –It’s got a slight desperation or darkness about it in addition to the explorer/adventure connotations.

As for the planes and such, I want to keep the idea of Tellurian planes, but like you suggest, outer planes based on the 4 ritual spheres is a great idea. I’m not sure what you are thinking exactly, but I was on the notion of something like:

Dreams: Angels, Archons, jinn, air weird paradise-like, surreal or quiet

Gaea: Deva, marid, Lush, Nirvana-like, water

Blood: Devils, fire, infernalism, ifrit

Stitch: Demons, waste, abyss, constructs, earth

Here, the elements are wrapped into the outer-planes. They could be the glue or ether between them. Like the planes of dreams are set within an air-like ether, planes of blood within fire. The planes themselves don’t have to defined by them, just influenced.

Then you get something like:

Tellurian encompassed by astral
Dreams encompassed by air
Blood encompassed by fire
Gaea encompassed by water
Stitch encompassed by earth

However, the elemental stuff could be less literally defined.

Ok. I’ve got to do some science.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home