The DiD Factory

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Mark

Thanks, Paul. I agree with, and changed most. Here's some commentary, however:

Dwarves have perfect direction sense, as they are able to detect the planet’s magnetic field. Really? Magnetic Field? Drop the Direction Sense, unless you can come up with a better reason. Dude, birds do it. Dwarves can too. Here, your silly is my cool.

Perhaps Ambidextrousness Discipline should be Ambidexterity? It does seem odd that the big down side of a low Agility is off hand penalties that can be negated with a single discipline. Ambidextrousnessessnous. Yeah, your right. Ambidexterity it is. I agree. It is odd, but so are a few other disciplines if you think on them too long.

Also the majority of skills give a bonus the 12th stat level, why not make them all scale the same. I guess Endurance is the only one that doesn't. I'll do it (12 = +1hp), but now folks are losing their auto 1 hp per level after 13th.

The resistance modifiers are basically scaled so you will end up with either no bonus, or a minus 1 or plus one. If that is how it is just drop the issue because nobody will have a combined score like you are showing. It is easier to increase attributes now, but I'll tighten the range up a bit to make +/-2, etc more relevant. Agreed, most folk were just between +/- 1.

Perhaps you could have presence affect the mental and have endurance do the physical, straight up. Or just have Presence affect both, it would give non priest types a reason to like presence, and in a backwards sort of way it brings luck as an element into the game nicely. It also eliminate almost a page of rules. Sorry, I really like all the attributes playing into it. -It penalizes the int 5, str 16 folk, as well.

You still need parenthesis on the discipline cost list. Is it 20 for weapon mastery 2 or is it 12? Likewise for all skills with this type of listing. I really did think that Hermetic circles cost 13 x circle, which was well stupid of me, but it was also bad formating. Sorry, it's the physicist in me. Order of operations my man. -I'll add parentheses.

On page 15 you should just make it clear on backstab that the target has their agilty halved for the first round of attacks instead of the confusing "first attack(s)" Fixed.

blindfighting costs too much. Costs 5 now.

Does evasion preclude the use of a potion, it seems to imply that it does.... "must forgo all other actions" No food or drink. It says so in there.

Why can't people cast spells with a shield, but they can if they have a staff, or 2 shortswords? Finally removed all traces of that nonsense. Thanks.

Still, why the fuck would anyone wear scalemail? or Ring? Armor should give some bonus to dodge, if you don't believe me get in some more fights wearing armor, and without it. Hey, scalemail is now cheaper!!! Dodge means not getting hit. Not touched. Armor absorbs energy. Wearing armor is more cumbersome than being naked. It reduces your birthday suit dodginess. -That's why it's that way.

As an aside, it freaking drives me nuts that a negative Impedance is worse, but Matt thought it made more sense, and all negative is bad, positive good, etc. Still, being a physicist, a negative impedance means less impedance. So, it's a negative impedance score. I tried to think of better names, but I can't. it still makes me cringe a bit.

Spell casting should be announced at the beginning of the round. Not on the acting initiative. People should announce what they rolled and what they are trying to cast. If they want to change spells they should have a penalty to their initiative. I think this is complicated. I also don't think of rounds so discretely. They are a necessary evil, but beginning and end are kind of arbitrary to me. I thought of a roundless system, (action points, rates, etc.) but that was crazy complicated. Think of it this way; a character's initiative is the top of their personal round. Spell casting still takes time, and can be interrupted.

Or this way: A 1st circle spell going off at init 2 or a 1st circle going off at init 10. Why should one have so many actions take place before the other? -I actually was doing what you suggested early on, but I think 'the beginning of the round' becomes an arbitrary check point for casters.

whoa, if I attack a 15th level fighter who is asleep as an assassin the worst the outcome will be is that the character in question that I attack will wake up and have 1 hp. sweet. page 37. Why does it matter if it's a blunt weapon when I bash some guys skull in who is asleep? I don't think a mace or a dagger would make that much difference to a sleeping guy......really. Fixed this. It's edged weapon: death or 1/2 hp. Blunt weapon: 0 hp or 1/2 hp. I think a mace or dagger makes some difference. Nothing tops the throat slit. But, I simplified it.

How many attacks does the Assassin get to take on Randolph? One on hand, and one off, or a full round of attacks? Page 37. Fixed it. He gets his normal round of attacks.

Thats all I can read right now.

Thanks. It's very much appreciated. These are all good points.

BTW, I think it's Heuristician. -That's what I'm calling you, if it's cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home