The DiD Factory

Friday, November 17, 2006

Rob's back! ...and he brought opinions!

JK, Rob. It really is a good thing.

The more we debate, the better the stuff that survives.

As for Circumvention, I think 'in principle' the idea of altering a spell while in effect is cool. As for screwing contingencies, I think it requires a 'detect contingency' in the first place. -There is a lot of out of game knowledge there. I like the flavor, but it needs to be clear and useful.

Trace is fine. Maybe I won't use it alot, but I could see some players digging it. Paul represents a gaming contingent. If its fair and useful, why not?

Please look at my 1st circle charm spell 'Ignore'. -I think that's where a 1st circle charm should be.

Yes! A spell!

I dig it. Seeker is sweet. I think he should be summoning, or divination though. -Maybe both? Also, remember -per circle, not per level. It's going in.

I realize not every spell that gets through at this stage will remain or go unaltered. After this set is done, I think we should go through, edit and cull. Some spells that look great now might look different when the list is full.

But, it's a start. I forgot about water-breathing.

Oh yeah, about the world. If it's all the same to you, I'd like to assume Nahrboring. Not explicitly, (i.e. Gygax's 'Aerth'), but every system needs flavor. -It's like system charisma. I think it gets kids imagination going. As for spell and monster flavor, I'd like everyone to ask themselves: "Could I see this in Nahrboring?" I think the notion of "This seems to have come from somewhere" can provide a certain cohesiveness.

Just saw your post. -Can you think of another name than "Power Words"? I'll try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home