The DiD Factory

Monday, February 11, 2008

Mark.

Yeah, Blood-water, Gaea-Earth. -That's fine. We'll lay it out when you get here.

The ritual spheres and deck of cards was a pleasant surprise. Thanks.

Like I said, feel free to add to the item or creature lists. Leave the table adjustments to me on the master copy. I know you had a little problem using 'relics' for all religious items, but I hate to do a 'misc. magic' instead of artifacts. The Faith and Hermetic item creation spells play in to this.

As for PC races, you don't need to include them all. Really. Especially the optional races. Those are just examples of how the GM might want to convert creatures to PCs, or make up entirely new ones. -I'll make that clear in the section.

As for monsters and skillz, I think a small discussion of bringing monsters into PC/NPC status is enough. One of the biggest complaints I hear about contemporary DnD is the slow speed of combat, and the complexity of monsters. -I don't want to have to think about one of my 10 attacking kobolds doing a greatstrike/vital strike. I want a GM to be able to make an extraordinary kobold into an NPC if he wishes, but have a average kobold template to run with. -Part of the spirit of Wayfarers is freedom for the GM to fuck with things. I want to make this very clear.

Speaking of clarity, don't feel a need to explain everything. Especially the poems and things. It's cool when there is obviously more going on behind the scenes than you are privy to. It gets the imagination going.

Town, landmark, region sounds good to me.

The only other resources I can think of are:
Artistic schools
Trade (bazaars, etc)
Tourism (probably not so Narbohring... La Badlandza! So nice!)

Lions, cougars, tigers etc, are together under 'cats', but that Boruta is a freaky unnatural thing. It's got 4 eyes for Christ's sake! It's a freak! -I can't do that to the noble lion.

Do up the dopplegangers if you wish. It sounds cool to me. If not, I'll get to it.

Some name confusion and mystery are a good thing. -Don't feel a need to spell everything out. Really. I've got some thoughts along those lines about modules. I think they were way too explicit. A GM just wants some good stuff to steal and mold to his own purpose. I'd much rather get a new name or a cool new item rather than the dimensions of a church. Storytelling and creativity. We assume the reader is as smart as we are, and uses the game as we would. -That's the spirit of Wayfarers. I want to make the reader understand this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home