The DiD Factory

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Back to it.

I like the feint prof., I am adding it. But, just until the end of the round, It is still useful, and it's simple.

I was thinking about the weapon-use/class thing too. However, I think Dave made a good point. -It's all relative. Whether you give a negative modifier or no modifier to all unskilled folk, it just sets the baseline. I don't know how much the weapon class thing adds, besides complexity.

Combat casting is cool. I think Paul has a point though, maybe just a big bonus, like -6 to the first willpower check.

Shield bash is cool, but I am making it 1d4. -It is a big flat plate. I think carrying the AC thing to the next initiative is too complicated for what little it adds. -Until the next round.

Shield Use/Mastery: Cool, but a little more expensive. (It doesn't come with agiltiy penalties like better armor.)

Last stand: Cool.

Whirlwind: Cool. -It's any on-hand weapon, Paul.

Dirty Fighting: Maybe. However, now Unarmed may use Weapon Mastery. Also, couldn't you dirty fight with a weapon too? Since I am considering to apply armor-induced 'to hit' penalties to all weapons, maybe UA doesn't need it. (see bottom)

Critical hit: cool.

Acupunture: This in interesting, but odd. So these selected spells are unalterable yet towards your spells for the day? This could be cool, but could you give me a clearer explanation, Rob?

Silent casting: This is cool. I need to add components onto the spells. I think most, except ritual will just be verbal and somatic. Priests mostly verbal. As Paul suggested, costs might need to be altered.

Advanced counterattack: This is cool. It could really kick ass. 20 skill points for sure.

You guys and you're demihuman hating... Alright, humans get 5 more initial ability points. Whaeh.

Finally, Paul makes an interesting point. Maybe armor should give a minor neg. 'to hit' modifier, across the board. Armor use could fix this fairly easily, and it makes sense. I think things are balanced a little too much to dodge over 'to hit' anyway. I think I am going to add this to the armor table.

BTW, thanks guys. Good stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home