The DiD Factory

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Paul

I don't think armor should negatively effect attacking open handed, or rather my thought is more copmlex than that. Fighting against a guy with a sword, openhanded, is something I think it'd be far more successful at with platemail on. Maybe not. If it has a negative effect on fighting open handed then why not with daggers, or swords, why not with the bow? Just seems very arbitrary to me.... I do like the idea of heavier armors having a negative influence on the ability of a character to hit though....I think thats a good idea. Maybe just scale it back and start it with something like the armors above chainmail, and breastplate. The armors where things start to get joints and very complicated. People are buying abilities to wear the stuff so I wouldn't punish them too much. And most guys running around in chain probably don't have a strength penalty. Even if you have a strength bonus though I think Plate would slow anyone down.

Just a thought while I relax after work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home