The DiD Factory

Monday, November 13, 2006

Chaaaaaaaad.

Contacts: Ok, I like contacts. I am going to keep local knowledge, but add contacts as a different prof. Local is static, contacts dynamic, etc.

Haggling: Yes. Gambling: Ok. Leadership: Ok. Intimidate/Cheer: Ok. Performance: Already added. Distract: cool. Animal Handling: I'm adding it as a general skill (Let's not go to the mat on this, eh?). Demonic bargaining? Hmm... maybe not yet. Hypnosis: cool. Cool head: not too necessary, you can already improve willpower. Meager: Maybe this is disguise as I have defined it, we'll see.

Ok, it looks like you got at least 8 Cha skills in there, Rob. Thanks, nice suggestions. They are all the 'passive' non-roleplaying kind of skills I was looking for. Oh, and yes, Cha boosts priest and shaman spell numbers.

As for "let's get crazy", I don't want to get too crazy with profs. I made 'feyness' last night. -A version of Paul's awareness. It allows a character to sense magical or extraplanar influences. At that point I started thinking about telepathy. However, psionics never really worked too well, skill points or otherwise. I still don't totally understand why to be honest. Anyway, at this juncture, I am holding off on prof psionics. -Maybe we could add an expanded skill list including psionics in the GM section as an optional rule. We'll see.

As for critical hits, I've been thinking about them. I don't consider the ability list complete. -Especially for fighters. I've been bouncing some ideas around, and I'll shoot them at you soon.

I agree with Paul's statement so far as that skills ought not to overlap much at all. Otherwise, things get messy and ill-defined. Of course, I don't want to limit them so much as to create a narrow set of character possibilities.

Sorry about the free health points, but they are gonna stop. They only cost 6 each, so at higher levels you could buy 3 per level (Maybe 2 if I change prof points). Or, bump up your Endurance, and you still get free ones each level. -This is one measure to keep the fighters one step ahead at high levels. Not too harsh if you ask me.

As far as diminishing proficiency points, I considered it a reward of level advancement to be able to buy profs or abilities at your discretion. 20 ability points could still be spent entirely on profs. Still, your suggestion of 5 prof points per level is easier to explain. -I'll consider it.

Once again, thanks. Those are some good Cha skills. -fucker. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home