The DiD Factory

Sunday, February 24, 2008

do you have rights to the MMORG?

It's not so much about interspecies marriage, it is about why are there different sentient races? The basic d&d answer it seems may have been that there were racial gods. That doesn't seem your answer. You have Ogres right? Why? My game is a mash up up worlds, literally. So you have various beings with different origins brought together on a single plane of existence. They have different explanations as to how they came about because they came about in different ways. There are very few people who know this, because of one reason or another, but the DM should know. Giants, Dragons, and Gods in my game are older than the world. Their origins are something I have not had to place in the world because they are it's basis, they are the primordial. I have ideas on them, but I don't have to share them BECAUSE they are the primordial, I do have to make clear what came immediately after because THAT is the beginning of history, and I need to know a thing or two about the gods and dragons a giants, but not as much as their effect. Some of the gods made humanity using the giants as their model. The god of the elves became the queen of the underworld to shepard the souls of the dead who died in HER world, it was hers then the other beings showed up when she rang a very beautiful bell that was a gift to her and accidentally summoned the horrible great evil to her world, then the other races and gods showed up as refugees to continue the good fight. Centaurs in my world are the result of a cursed witch interacting with the sentient animals in my world and being cursed by them, yes I have talking bears. Where does magic that doesn't come from the gods come from? I think that is one of the most important questions for a dm to have some kind of answer to. In my world the God of Truth became the God of Lies and gave humanity the ability to lie on a scale never known before.

Talking animals are awesome. I know you don't believe me but they are. I mean who should druids worship if not the great animal spirits. Plus you can have people hunt sentient animals for spell components etc, and who does rule the wilds? What's in charge outside of the city walls? I have a world that is really mysterious when you leave the road or village. That's because all the sentient races and their gods are an aberration according to all the "forces of nature" who have some spokespeople. If you are going to have werewolves explain them, if you have ratlings explain them. Mine were made by Marivhon Blackfalls in a misguided view that what makes a person a God is their ability to create a race.

Just some more thoughts after having a bottle of wine.

I'm glad you liked some of what I wrote for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home