The DiD Factory

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Mark.

Got it.

You freaked me out with the 93 pages. However, when I format it adjust the page size, etc, it's 50-odd pages. That's fine.

Size is not yet an issue, but it could be eventually. The text is 340 currently. Plus Narbohring, plus some quick reference charts at the end, it will probably hit 410-430 I'd guess.

Then there is a small bump up due to a font change (going to Futura, which doesn't read well on Word, hence Tahoma). Then there are 80-90 illustrations.

I think we should try to bring it in around 500 pages max. -That's a lot of book to handle. My 3rd Ed GURPS is 256. Anyway, 740 is the max the printer will allow.

I am cool with demon/devil changes. -I am most happy with the general mechanics and spells. Items and creatures have some gems, but more duds.

I am also cool with optional rules for firearms. -As long as they are simple. Optional directions is the spirit.

I'll give the gnoles some love.

I can be a bit of a control freak too. I'll do my best to stay open-minded about everything. However, what's here represents a ridiculous amount of time and effort. -Try making up 566 spells. -It takes longer than you'd imagine. So, in advance, forgive me if or when I happen to get stubborn. Especially if you imagine a major overhaul.

There is no way this will be exactly what everyone that is involved wants it to be. But it can be something we all like very much. -Just, forgive me if it ends up to be just a teenie bit more of what I like.

That said, thanks for the tremendous effort thus far, Rob. You've brought this thing to a whole new level.

Ed thinks there should be a monster-terrain encounter list for GMs. I've never used it, and I don't advise random encounters. Thoughts? A list of monsters and terrain could be helpful. It won't include all the monsters, just those likely to be encountered in a forest, plains, swamp, etc. I made a chart. It was easy. However, as long as I've got the list, why not add a column for a die roll? Maybe with a note that says random encounters are ill-advised?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home