The DiD Factory

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Raise Dead: Justin.

Damn, Justin. Good to hear from you.

Yeah, I've got no problem sending you the PDF of the rules. -Scout's honor.

Is your email the raindruid... address? -I've got that from DiD.

Rob is coming into town to work on it with me and Ed (Cinder, long since dead) on Friday. I'll likely wait until this weekend to send it to you, as there might be some significant changes/additions at that point.


As for the setting, I agree with what you are saying. The Narbohring setting is going to be presented as an example setting only. -What can be done with the game. It doesn't suppose that everyone or anyone will play in it. If it were, we'd just call the system Narbohring. More correctly, it's there for readers to get an idea of what could be done with the system, and for GM's to steal some really cool ideas.

One of the reasons I created this thing was to put out a system that supported RPG play as we always knew it: intellectual, creative, and rich. -A system that wants you to do your own thing. Of course, this could be put out without an example setting.

That being said, I think the example setting does a lot to set the tone of the game. It's like an arrow in the right direction. Being completely honest, I think the kind of stuff Rob kicks out is more like an ideal GMs can reach for. And for that reason, I don't want it to get too much like a module or game-based setting.

Consider that even ostensibly 'setting-less' systems like 1ed AD&D brought their own settings. The AD&D corebooks had a Tolkeinesque thing going on, mixed with some Greyhawk and whatnot. Bigby's spells, etc...

I believe the system will be better for having Narbohring with it.

The Narbohring setting is going to exist as its own chapter in this rulebook. Some bleed-over will be apparent, but it won't be clear which way the bleed-over is going. In any case, the mechanics will never consider a specific setting. A spell or magic item might be common to both, however.

EDIT: Oh, and thanks for the offer. I'll be glad to add your name or alias of your choice to the credits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home