The DiD Factory

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Mark.

Still reading through N3. -It's damn good. One thing that struck me however, was that many cities were described as 'high magic', but Narbohring itself was described as low magic. -It doesn't feel too 'low magic' when you read it.

As to Elves and Dwarves. -That's fine if you don't dig them. They don't even need to be in Narbohring. In fact, it might be better if they aren't included in the setting. Wayfarers is a system to be altered.

I'd rather Narbohring not have Elves and Dwarves, than they be changed drastically in the system so as to fit in Narbohring. I think making them too different from what people know would seem artificial. You want a different kind of elf-like creature? That's fine. Invent one for your world. No elves at all? That's cool too. Talking bears? Sure thing. -I really want the rules to go beyond flavor preference. Just because I don't like selkies doesn't mean I should make them vampiric. Selkies are selkies. Some people (I think) dig them.

Even better, keep elves the same in the system, but create 'Narbohring' elves, in the narbohring creature list. Indicate how they are different and why.

That's why I think a Narbohring-specific creature list is a good thing. It shows GMs how you can modify or extend the rules to create your unique vision. As much as I dig Narbohring, I don't want Wayfarers to completely reflect it. That's the spirit of the system.

I hope you keep that in mind as you tweak the creatures, Rob.

I agree, angels and devils were too christian to fit the system. Making extra-planar being jive with the ritual spheres was a great idea. However, I didn't think angels and devils weren't 'Narbohring' enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home