The DiD Factory

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Mark.

I'm confused. I know random monsters is bad, but how can random terrain be good?

There's always this beauty.

The monster-terrain thing might serve as a quick reference for a GM as to what he might place. However, rolling for it is pretty uncreative. Sorry, I think the same goes for terrain.

I guess my questions were: Is it worthwhile to put a creature-terrain chart? And if so, should I toss in some numbers since it's already there. -You've got me thinking no. Just the spirit of the thing seems wrong.

Forward to adventure convinced me to nix it. And here's how, I quote: "Can you use FtA! for serious sophisticated stories, with lots of politics, intrigue, romance or character development? Well, sure, you can, but really why would you? FtA! is the game for when you are tired of all that junk, and just want to go back down into the Gnomish mines, travel through the dangerous wilderlands in search of ruins, steal from shops, try eating a wraith corpse, and maybe, if you're really lucky, find Mjolnir."

It's got a nice ass-shot on the mainpage, however.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home